Saariselkä Ski & Sport Resort
is a snow-sure downhill skiing resort built on by two fells, Kaunispää and Iisakkipää.
The slopes are suitable for skiers on different level.
- Renewed beginners’ practice area with rope lift ensuring safe first touches to skiing
- Many of the slopes’ profiles have been improved and a new slope has been opened
- Additionally, improvements have been made to safety and snowmaking
- The longest toboggan run in Finland, all the way from the top of fell Kaunispää down to the lifts
- WinterPark -tobogganing activity package includes 2 h pass for the chairlift, toboggan rental and the use of snowtubing area, ice stock sport and ice skating. Suitable for the whole family.
There are 15 slopes to downhill skiing, chich of seven are illuminated. Longest slope is 1800 m and the elevation is up to 180 m. 6 ski lifts will take you to the top of two fells: Iisakkipää and Kaunispää. Lift capacity is 6 500 people / hour. One of the lifts is a long chair lift. Ski Saariselkä slope map
Kids under the age of 7 years wearing a helmet are admitted free of charge. When the little children enjoy themselves, the parents will have good time too. Children’s own slope, professional and reliable ski instructors, Snow Park, sled hill and open fireplace in the nature make the family skiing holiday memorable and exiting.
Ski Slope rules
1. Make sure your equipment is adjusted to your size, weight and ability.
- Use of a helmet is recommended.
2. Respect the lift line and prepare to share the lift with fellow skiers. Get off the lift only at designated areas.
3. Select the slope and adapt your speed according to your skills and the environment. Always familiarize yourself with special areas in advance.
4. Keep your distance when you pass the skiers below and ahead of you. Pay additional attention to small children.
5. Stop only at places where you can be easily seen.
- If you need to go uphill, always do it along the edge of the slope.
6. Do not ski too fast.
- Pay attention to local slope and snow conditions.
7. Sledging is only allowed in separately designated areas.
8. You always ski at your own risk.
9. Using the slopes under the influence of alcohol/drugs is prohibited.
10. In the event of accidents, your duty is to assist.
- Report any accidents immediately to ski area staff.
Always respect the signs at the ski centre and follow the instructions of the staff.
The staff is authorized to take away the skipass from anyone who ignores the slope rules.
Ski School Saariselkä
Ski School Saariselkä provides instruction to both beginners and skiing enthusiasts alike. In addition to alpine skiing, you can learn snowboarding, telemark skiing, snow-kiting and, of course, cross-country skiing and adapted alpine skiing, the time of which must always be arranged in advance.
Ski Shool Saariselkä’s ski instructors are competent, enthusiastic and linguistically skilled professionals.
You can get instruction in
The minimum age for participation in the ski school is 5 years, for snowboarding 7 years.
Ski School Saariselkä contact information:
Tel: +358 (0)400 683 968