Saariselän Waskooli A
Silver log cabin in semi-detached house in the center of Saariselkä. Kitchen-living room, 4 bedrooms, alcove, sauna, shower room, maintenance room and 2 toilets. Lobby, kitchen-living room, 2 bedrooms, sauna, shower room, toilet and maintenance room are in entrance floor. Lounge (with tv, video, refrigerator), 2 bedrooms, alcove and toilet are in upstairs. Size 120 m².
Sleeping arrangements, entrance floor:
• 2 bedrooms: 2 single beds/room
Sleeping arrangements, seconf floor:
• 2 bedroom: 2 single beds/room
• alcove: double bed (120x190 cm)
Kitchen equipment• large set of cutlery and cookware
• electric stove and ove
• microwave oven
• coffee maker
• water kettle
• egg boiler
Other equipment• electric drying closet for clothes
• washing machine
• iron and ironing board
• fireplace made of natural stones
• ski maintenance room: table with ski rack
Price includesThe price includes linen (beds are made), towels, bathrobes, end-of-stay clean, wifi and wood for the fireplace.
Please check included services from your invoice.
Good to know• Separate ski maintenance room
• There is an automatic ventilation in Saariselän Waskooli A
Distances• Ski track approx. 60 m
• Ski slopes approx. 2,8 km
• Saariselkä info and maps
Key servicePlease contact key service corresponding person few days before arrival
by phone +358-(0)400 417 808 or by e-mail email@example.com
Feedback (Average 1.0)
Thursday 12. March 2020, 00.00
1) The dishwasher rack was broken. While it can still be used, it's not possible to stack more than a few plates due to the missing lower rack. We sent a message to the number for the key service person, but never heard back. 2) The toaster is a fire hazard! I strongly suggest to replace it. It works half the time, but the other half, it just doesn't stop, and keeps running until you manually stop it. Not only did it burn lots of bread, it managed to trigger the fire alarm. 3) The information booklet states that toilet paper is on the house, yet no toilet paper was available. No big deal, but maybe don't write that in the booklet? 4) Many light bulbs were dead, please replace them. 5) The upstairs toilet is constantly running water. Not full on, but enough to clearly make a sound and waste lots of water over time. Please have it fixed. While the kitchen was equipped pretty well, there are a couple of missing items we would have expected. 6) There are no oven mittens. There is no hand towel either. How to take a hot oven form out? 7) Two stick blender motors (with UK plugs?), and one stick blender knife that doesn't fit either motor. Instead, there are lots of half broken pieces spread over all the drawers. Maybe clean out the broken stuff. 8) There were bottles and cans leftover from the previous tenants. 9) The carpet in the kitchen is extremely slippery. Two people nearly fell because of it, when we rolled it up and put it out of the way. Please put a anti-slip mat underneath, or remove the carpet altogether. 10) The feeding chair is not suitable for children. It doesn't provide a way to secure the child. Our boy would constantly manage to stand up and nearly fell off. 11) The crib is not acceptable for small children. It has hard poles the child can hit his head on (and did so multiple times), the mattress does not fit, doesn't full cover the wooden base, and can leave the baby stuck in the gap between. For families with younger babies (<3months) it would be a suffocation risk.