Logo
848x251_front1-TL

Karigasniemi Chapel

Karigasniemi village has a new chapel. It has been opened on 17 of April 2016.
A special feature in the new chapel is an altar piece with three-colored metal: Steel, copper and brass.
Subject of the altar piece is from lapppish nature - mountain streem with the spring and solid rock. Artist is Aimo Vähäkainu.

Utsjoki parish

Parish has two official languages Sámi language and Finnish
and there are more sámi people then Finnish people.
• Main Church in Utsjoki (1853)
• Chapel in Karigasniemi village (1966)
• Small meeting house in Nuorgam village (1937)
• Small meeting house in Nuvvus village
Utsjoki parish in Finnish

Picture: Jouni Aikio / YLE