is a snow-sure ski resort built on by two fells, Kaunispää and Iisakkipää.
The slopes are suitable for skiers on different level. There is something new in every winter. New for the season 2015-2016:
There are 15 slopes, chich of seven are illuminated. Longest slope is 1300 m and the elevation is up to 180 m. 5 ski lifts will take you to the top of two fells: Iisakkipää and Kaunispää. Lift capacity is 6 500 people / hour. One of the lifts is a long chair lift. Slope map
Ski Saariselkä’s Freestyle Park challenges skiers on different skill levels with its 1,200 m street and 20 features and several repeats. The Street will be modified during the season according to the snow conditions and demand. Freestyle Park is located on the Riekko slope of Kaunispää.
Kids under the age of 7 years wearing a helmet are admitted free of charge. When the little children enjoy themselves, the parents will have good time too. Children’s own slope, professional and reliable ski instructors, Snow Park, sled hill and open fireplace in the nature make the family skiing holiday memorable and exiting.
1. Make sure your equipment is adjusted to your size, weight and ability.
2. Respect the lift line and prepare to share the lift with fellow skiers. Get off the lift only at designated areas.
3. Select the slope and adapt your speed according to your skills and the environment. Always familiarize yourself with special areas in advance.
4. Keep your distance when you pass the skiers below and ahead of you. Pay additional attention to small children.
5. Stop only at places where you can be easily seen.
6. Do not ski too fast.
7. Sledging is only allowed in separately designated areas.
8. You always ski at your own risk.
9. Using the slopes under the influence of alcohol/drugs is prohibited.
10. In the event of accidents, your duty is to assist.
Always respect the signs at the ski centre and follow the instructions of the staff.
The staff is authorized to take away the skipass from anyone who ignores the slope rules.
Ski School Saariselkä provides instruction to both beginners and skiing enthusiasts alike. In addition to alpine skiing, you can learn snowboarding, telemark skiing, snow-kiting and, of course, cross-country skiing and adapted alpine skiing, the time of which must always be arranged in advance.
Ski Shool Saariselkä’s ski instructors are competent, enthusiastic and linguistically skilled professionals.
You can get instruction in
Instruction is also available in French, Spanish, Estonian and Russian by agreement. The minimum age for participation in the ski school is 5 years, for snowboarding 7 years.
Tel: +358 (0)400 683 968